THE FLAW DETECTOR ADVANTAGES:
- Rail complete sounding (excluding the foot flanges), due to the flaw detector multi-channeling.
- Built-in standard setups for channels operation.
- Defining the traveled distance and speed during the complete testing.
- Real-time display of testing results in B-scan mode (by 4 channels).
- Sounding and storing the information in every millimeter of traveled distance via all channels is provided in the flaw detector.
- Recording the testing results at different sensitivity levels.
- Registration of all testing results and advanced capabilities of data analysis.
- Application of the flaw detector with the base sounding scheme allows to detect all types of fatal defects, appearing while rail track maintenance.
Fig. Displaying the testing results in A-Scan and B-Scan modes on the flaw detector screen
- Large high brightness color TFT display.
- Synchronization by encoder.
- Result display: А-scan, B-scan.
- Number of channels for complete testing: 13.
- Number of channels for manual testing: 2.
- Techniques and schemes for rail head sounding.
- Application of base and additional schemes for rail sounding:
- Pulse echo by angle-beam probes for testing of the rail head center along and against the movement.
- Echo-mirror technique by angle-beam probes for testing of the rail head center along and against the movement.
- Echo-mirror for testing of gauge and field face sides along and against the movement.
Fig. Pulse echo techniques for the rail head testing
Fig. Echo-mirror techniques for the rail head testing
- Techniques and schemes for the web sounding and its projection into the foot:
- Pulse echo technique for detection of transverse cracks and testing of weld joints with angle-beam transducer.
Fig. Pulse echo techniques for the rail web and foot testing
|UDS2-77 MAIN SPECIFICATIONS|
|Overall dimensions of flaw detector without a handle and with one ultrasonic unit and power unit||no more than (1040×1640×1130);
in transport position – no more than (900×2060×600) mm
|Equipped flaw detector weight||no more than 21 kg|
|Number of multiplexer units (MUX)||4|
|Number of ultrasonic channels||14 channels|
|Independent power source||NiMH storage battery with rated voltage 12 V and rated capacity 17 А∙h|
|Operation time||8 hours|
|Flaw detector consumed electric power||no more than 30 V·А|
|Time of flaw detector operation mode setup||no more than 15 sec.|
|Display type||800×480 pixels|
|Screen dimensions (width, height, diagonal)||155 mm, 95 mm, 180 mm (7,5 inch)|
|USB||USB-A (host), USB-B (slave)|
|Encoder output||1 axis encoder line|
|MAIN METROLOGICAL PERFORMANCES|
|Temporal instability of sensitivity of flaw detector reception path||0.5 dB for 8 hours of continuous operation|
|Protection level in operation||IP 64|
|Ambient temperature||from minus 400 to plus 500 С|
|Atmospheric pressure||from 84 to 106.7 kPa|
|Relative humidity||(93 ± 3) % at a temperature of 25 ºС|
|Full average flaw detector lifetime||no less than 10 years|
|Non-failure operation||no less than 0.9 for 2 000 h|
|Initial pulse type||short pulse of negative polarity|
|Initial pulse frequency||one channel mode – 250 Hz; complete mode – no more than 1000 Hz|
|Rising edge duration||no more than 20 ns|
|Synchronization type||from the initial pulse, from the encoder|
|Gain||from 0 to 100 dB with a step of 0.1, 1, 10 dB|
|Input signal||no more than 2 V from peak to peak|
|Input resistance of reception path||no more than 300 Ω|
|Digital filter||1 standard digital filter with a centre frequency of 2.5 MHz|
|Testing range||from 0 to 1000 mm, with a step of 1, 10, 100 mm|
|Velocity||from 2000 m/s to 8000 m/s, with a step of 1, 10, 100, 1000 m/s|
|Probe zero||from 0 to 60 µs, with a step of 0.1, 1 µs.|
|Range delay||from 0 to 1000 µs, with a step of 1, 10, 100 µs|
|Refracted angle||from 0 tо 900, with a step of 100, 1000|
|Sound ALARM system||sound – separate for each rail and common (for a group of channels)
range of pulse frequency setup of sound indicator of alarm system is from 0.5 to 5 kHz, with setup resolution 100 Hz
|Light ALARM||light – separate for each rail and common (via all sounding channels); visual by the screen – separate for each rail and each channel.|
|MEASUREMENT IN A-SCAN MODE|
|Displayed parameters||4 measured parameters are displayed in a status bar|
|TCG curve||max. number of dots in a gate – 14, dynamic range – 100 dB, vertically adjustable step -1 dB, horizontally adjustable step – 2 dB.|
|MEASUREMENTS IN B-SCAN MODE|